Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

July 15, 2010

The Chandor Gardens


My nieces had been telling me about the Chandor Gardens ever since we arrived at their house.  They wanted to show Little Sis and me the really long fish (Koi) that were bright orange!  It rained the day we had originally planned on going, so when we finally got to go it was hot and humid and sticky, but it was worth it!

It was a beautiful garden.  It was built by Douglas Chandor of Weatherford, Texas in 1936.  After he passed his wife kept the gardens open to the public for the remainder of her life.  Then the care was passed on to the City of Weatherford.

The gardens were beautiful and well worth the trip to see them.

My nieces showing me the "really long fish"!

One of the two waterfalls.


If you're ever in the Weatherford, TX area, I suggest you take time out of your day to stop by here, I know you'll enjoy it; I did!

Your farm friend,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment