Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

July 19, 2010

Sunday Sermon

When I was a little girl, my mother had me memorize this particular verse:

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.  - Philippians 4:8 KJV

Well, it's been on my mind lately and I've been trying to recommit it to memory.  (I started this even before what I'm getting ready to share with you.)

A couple of weeks ago, our preacher preached a message called thinking "God Thoughts".  That message definitely spoke to me, especially since I'd been going over this verse again.  I've been trying harder than ever to keep this verse on my mind and control my thoughts.  And I just wanted to share a few notes from the sermon with you.

Reference Verses:
     2 Corinthians 10 :  3 - 5
     Isaiah 55 : 9

*If we control our thoughts we will handle situations differently, we will understand how to pray more effectively, & our priorities will become clearer.
*Genesis 45 - Look how Joseph handled the situation with his brothers.  If he hadn't had good thoughts he would not have been able to tell his brothers what he told them.

I challenge all of you guys to pay more attention to what you think, listen to, read etc...  And see if you can start finding the good in everything.

Your Farm Friend
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment