Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

July 7, 2010

Deep Rooted Caffeine Addiction

I've been trying to shake the caffeine habit.  I really have. 

I've tried to stop it completely; but that didn't work. 

So, now I've tried to at least cut back.  How's that working for me?  Well, I haven't cut back as much as I'd like, but I definitely drink less now than I used to.  Most days I have only one can instead of two.

But, yesterday I noticed something.  It's wasn't something that I didn't know was there, because I was the one that put it there.  But, I think it definitely might have something to do with my craving caffeine.

I Have decorated my kitchen like this:

and this...

and this...

and this...
and this isn't even all of them. 

I am tempting myself!  How am I supposed to cut caffeine out of my diet if I have to stare at these pop bottles every day?  I don't want to get rid of my pop bottles.  They are fun! (and honestly they are a part of our history.  I have some pop bottles that are dated all the way back to 1928.)  So, why would I want to get rid of them? 

 If I don't get rid of my pop bottles and I want to stop being tempted, then the only thing left to do is stay out of the kitchen. But then that means - are you ready for this?- if I stay out of the kitchen, I can't cook any more! 

This could possibly cause a chain reaction.  If I can't cook, then I don't have to clean up the kitchen.  Which means I'll have 2 extra hours a day to do what I want.  Which means LB won't ever have supper.  Which means LB won't be happy....

I think I had just better leave things the way they are.

Besides, all this thinking is making my head hurt.  I better go get a Coke!

No comments:

Post a Comment