Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

July 12, 2010

The Frank Buck Zoo


Our first adventure consisted of going to the Gainesville, TX zoo.  I really liked this zoo.  It wasn't a big zoo; there weren't any lions, tigers, penguins or elephants, but I think that is one of the reasons I liked it so much.  It was small.  You could make it through the entire zoo in one afternoon without having to rush to see everything and without being shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of people.  It was very enjoyable.  I highly recommend going to this zoo if you are in the Gainesville area.

Another reason I enjoyed this zoo so much, is because it was very hands on.  We actually got to feed the Giraffes! 


My nieces and nephew loved it!



There was also an elk the we were able to feed, but I accidentally had my camera on the wrong setting so those pictures won't be posted.

Then we made it to the goat pen.  Let's just say that this was probably the highlight of the day...




In addition to feeding all of the different types of animals; all the animals were close.  They weren't in such large pens that they looked like dots.  A few of the pens even had viewing points on platforms out in the pens that you get to by way of bridges. 

 





By the end of the day we were tired, sunburned, and hungry, but it was an evening well spent.  We all had a great time, but it was just the beginning of a fun packed weekend!  Check in tomorrow to hear about our shopping experiences.


The End!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience at our zoo :) Nice photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 13, 2010

    I am from the Gainsville area, and my girls love going to this zoo over and over. I just wanted to say you too some terrific pics. The should should use the animal feeding one or this last one for advertising purposes....great job again.

    ReplyDelete