Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

May 29, 2010

Farmall vs. John Deere

I know I said that I'd post this yesterday, but my patient is requiring more help than I thought.  How is my patient you ask?

Well, he's doing better, just really really really really sore.  Did I mention that he was really sore?  All of his bruises are beginning to come through and they are worse than I thought they would be, but he'll get better.  

Ok, so now to my tractor story. 

I received the following sweatshirt from my brother-in-law, the Mechanic, for Christmas last year.  I really like this sweatshirt.  It fits perfectly and is so soft inside.


Well, one chilly spring day a couple months ago I wore this shirt when I went to the farm with LB.  We, ended up needing a couple of parts for one of our tractors.  LB and I had to make a flying trip to the John Deere dealership.  Like I said a few days ago, most of our tractors are Case IH, but we have a couple of small John Deere tractors. 

When we got to the dealership, LB asked me if I was going to take off my sweatshirt.  I said no, why should I.  He said, They'll give you a hard time for wearing the wrong color in here.  It'd be like wearing an OU shirt to an OSU game.  If you notice what the front of my shirt says...

If you'll notice, the sweatshirt says:  Crops are green, tractors are red.

So, I wore the shirt in.  Of course, the guys at the counter gave me a hard time.  LB explained that he and his dad had rebuilt a couple of antique farmalls.  And also that most of their equipment was Case IH, but not to worry because they had some John Deere too; which was the reason for this visit to them.  We finished our business there and the guy kept teasing me.  When we got ready to leave the man looked at me and said:  "Have a good you and your red tractor!" 

I smiled at him and said:  "I'd advertise for you too, if I had a shirt!"

He looked at me and said:  "I can fix that, come with me." 

When we left the store, I was the proud owner of a free brand new John Deere Sweatshirt.



It was so funny.  I told LB that if I'd taken off the sweatshirt I'd never have gotten the free one.  Before we could even get back to the farm, LB had called everyone and told them how I got the free shirt.  He said, all he had ever gotten was a hat!



No comments:

Post a Comment