Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

May 5, 2010

Hay, Hay, Hay!

Well, I told you that tonight it was going to be all about hay, so that's what your gonna get!

The kind of hay we have is wheat hay.  We cut the wheat when it is still green, then we let it lay until it reaches the right moisture content.



I love the way these fields look in the summer. 

This is what my 30 minute drive to work looks like in the morning.  All winter it's green because of the wheat.  You can't help but be happy by the time you get to work with views like this.  The yellow lines in the front of the picture are windrows.  They will bail those for hay.  The green in the back of the picture is wheat.  We will leave that to  mature and will later harvest for the grain.


LB and Moose waited very patiently.  So after I took my 100th picture, I got back in the pickup and we went to check the cattle.

The End
Your shutterbug friend

No comments:

Post a Comment