Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

August 20, 2010

Calf Fries, Funnel Cakes and Lights!

Two days down, one day left!

Thank goodness!!!!

These last two days have been very hectic around here.  Aside from the fact that we live next to the fair grounds we also have various jobs over there.  I just had to sit at a booth for a few hours, which is easy work compared to LB's job.  LB got the fabulous job of cooking calf fries. 

If any of you are familiar with the smell of someone who has been frying things all day in the blazing heat, then you'll have sympathy for us.  Yesterday he cooked from 5:00 - 9:00 and the same for today.  That's eight hours and 700 pounds of calf nuts.  I actually felt sorry for him.  It was hot and stinky and therefore he became hot and stinky.  Needless to say, after the first day we didn't want to eat another calf fry!

Since my choices of meals were narrowed down due to over exposure to calf fries, I therefore was reduced to eating a funnel cake for dinner tonight.  I know, it's a shame to have to eat those fattening powder sugar covered delacies, but someone has to do it.  I was going to post a picture of my funnel cake, but unfortunately it didn't make it that long. 

Now, the second night of the fair is over all the rides are closed and the lights are turned off and everyone has gone home, and we finally have some peace and quiet. Maybe I'll be able to make it one more day!

Love, Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment