Cuttin' Wheat

Cuttin' Wheat

August 27, 2010

Five A.M.

This morning while the stars were still twinkling and the coyotes were still singing and way before any sane person would be awake, we were working cattle.

 
At 5:00 this morning, we were up and on our way to the cattle pens. The morning was chilly and my eyes were very heavy lidded. This time of morning is a time that I rarely see; and I have decided that I have a lot of thoughts about 5 am.
 
1.) at this time I should still be snuggled up nice and warm under my blankets having sweet dreams about chocolate and fuzzy puppies.
 
2.). I only see 5 am on occasions when I have drank too much water.
 
3.) At five o'clock in the morning the world is still dark and scary! When you try to take pictures that early this is what you get.

 Spooky eyes! This is more like something you should see on Halloween night instead of a cool summer morning.
 
4.). I like to reserve my energy of getting up early for a couple of special occasions:
           a. Standing in line on Black Friday.
           b. Dragging various friends and family to the Wichita Mtn.
              wildlife refuge for hiking before it gets too hot!

5.) getting up at 5 am to work cattle is not considered a special occasion.

6.). Once you have become an adult getting up at 5:00 doesn't mean you get to take a nap in the afternoon. Life just goes on and the sleep you get becomes more precious.

7.) I married a farmer. 5 am wake up calls are inevitable.
 
8.) There is at least one good thing about 5 am:

Love Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment